Great to have fresh from the oven, but you can make ahead and freeze too!
- 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine zucchini, oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- In another larger bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and ginger.
- Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add in the nuts and raisins, stirring to evenly distribute.
- Pour into a greased loaf fan and bake for 1 hour until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre.
- This recipe freezes very well.
- Also, grated zucchini freezes very well too.