- 1 cup graham crackers, crushed
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 bricks cream cheese, 250g each
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease springform pan.
- Mix the graham crackers with butter, and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly add milk to the cream cheese mixture, stirring using a spoon (not beaters) until all the milk has been absorbed.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the flour one tablespoon at a time over the mixture, and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the filling to the pan, and cook in the preheated oven for one hour. The cheesecake should still have a jiggly centre.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside to cool gradually for 2 or more hours. Transfer to refrigerator to cool overnight.
- This recipe works well as a base for other flavour combinations, like caramel, chocolate, raspberry or blueberry.