- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, large
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Thoroughly wash and dry the basil leaves, and pulse in a food processor.
- Add the garlic and pine nuts and continue to process.
- Add the parmesan cheese and process until the mixture forms a thick purée.
- Once the mixture is very thick, continue processing while drizzling in olive oil through the feeding tube.
- Excellent when mixed equal parts with butter and tossed with hot pasta.
- Can also be used to dress baked potatoes.
- Great when mixed with mayonnaise for a sandwich dressing.
- Works great as a pizza topping.
- Freezes very well. Make multiple batches and freeze inside ice cube trays before transferring into a plastic bag to keep for throughout the year.