Lemon Square Bars
Servings 16 bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbl lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan
- Crust: In a medium bowl, stir together flour, confectioners' sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, baking powder, and remaining flour.
- Add the sugar mixture to the eggs in parts. Stir until smooth
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest. Pour the filling over the prepared crust and return to oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bars are set. Allow to cool completely before dusting the tops with confectioners' sugar and serving.