Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 apples, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a square baking dish.
- Cream together the margarine and brown sugar.
- Mix the flour and cinnamon together, and add to the buttercream.
- Arrange the apples in the greased dish.
- Sprinkle the topping mix over top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- A crunchy crisp variation: prepare the basic recipe but substitute a mixture of 1/3 cup flour and 2/3 cup rolled oats for the flour in the recipe.