Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
A family favourite!
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless cut in half
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp dry mustard, e.g., Keen's
- 1/4 tsp tarragon
- 3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
- Mix flour, tarragon and pepper together and coat chicken.
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown chicken on both sides.
- White chicken browns, melt butter in saucepan and sauté onions until tender.
- Add soup, milk, mustard and tarragon to onions and stir to blend, bringing to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a greased cassarole dish, pour sauce over chicken, and sprinkle each piece of chicken with cheese.
- Bake at 425ºF for 20 minutes.