Mom’s Garden Salsa
Servings 5 pints
- 4.5 lbs ripe tomatoes, scalded, peeled, and chopped
- 3 spanish onions, large, chopped
- 2 green peppers, large, chopped
- 2 cayenne peppers, finely chopped
- 5.5 oz tomato paste
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp coarse or pickling salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened to desired consistency.
- Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/4″ of the top and seal.
- Near the end of cooking, adjust spiciness with more hot peppers.